Excellence in the field of education and research in computer information systems. And the commitment to serve the community effectively, and graduating qualified in computer information systems and high quality.
Distinguished education through the integration of scientific theories and practical applications and real experiences to prepare the graduate with the necessary knowledge and skills in the fields of computer information systems to make it a competitor locally and globally and capable of scientific research. And create an environment conducive to the participation of faculty in innovative research that helps in serving the community.
The Department of Computer Information Systems aims to carry out major duties in teaching, scientific research and community service. The objectives can be detailed as follows:
- Providing students with knowledge as a prerequisite for practicing or conducting advanced studies in information systems, including scientific principles, rigorous analysis, and creative design.
- Extensive student education, including knowledge of the importance of current issues in computing with a focus on the necessary computer applications, both in the public and private sectors, or in the pursuit of higher education.
- Graduation of competitive competencies with distinguished academic and research personality and qualification to engage in the labor market.
- Developing communication skills and responsibility for teamwork and consolidating professional attitudes and ethics, so that students prepare for the complex and modern work environment for lifelong learning.
- Encouraging innovative ideas and projects by both faculty and departmental students.
- Providing an environment that enables students to achieve their goals through an innovative system that is accurate, challenging, open and supportive.
- Contribute to meet the needs of the local and regional community in the field of information technology and systems through the creation of qualified scientific qualifications.
- Enhancing the follow-up of the graduates of the department in particular and the college in general, and coordinating with the labor market institutions in providing job opportunities for graduates.