Creation and development of the department
The Software Engineering Department was established in 2009 after the restructuring of the Faculty of Information Technology and Computer Engineering and the College of Mining and Environment Engineering at Al Hussein Bin Talal University.
The software engineering specialization was part of the Information Technology Department at the College of Information Technology and Computer Engineering. After the establishment of the Information Technology College in 2009, the software engineering specialization became an independent department at the College of Information Technology (CoIT), which also includes the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Computer Information Systems.
The Software Engineering Department has three members with a doctorate degree, an assistant professor, a master's degree, a secretary and three laboratory supervisors. In addition, the department has three computer labs connected to the Internet.
The Department of Software Engineering received the accreditation from the University Accreditation Authority in Jordan.
The department recognized the demand for software engineering in Jordan. Therefore, the department sent two envoys to obtain doctorates from distinguished universities in countries such as the United States and Australia.
Bachelor of Software Engineering
The number of credit hours required for a bachelor's degree in software engineering is 132 credit hours. The program is a typical four-year program to obtain a bachelor's degree in software engineering from Al-Hussein Bin Talal University. The program aims to prepare students to take positions in both the public and private sectors and the computer and education sectors, and provides them with opportunities to obtain a higher academic degree in this specialization and in various IT disciplines.
Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering
A bachelor's degree is granted to students after completing the following requirements:
A - Success in all subjects required to obtain a bachelor's degree according to the study plan.
Obtain a cumulative average of not less than (60%).
C - The student must be registered at the university in the last two semesters and the semester is considered a classroom for this purpose.
D - not exceed the maximum period of graduation years stipulated in the university's instructions, which is seven years.
E. The student must take the university proficiency test in accordance with the decisions of the Higher Education Council. This examination is optional for non-Jordanian students.
After obtaining a bachelor's degree in software engineering, the student is able to:
- Use the principles of mathematics, science and engineering to define, characterize, analyze and find solutions to various issues.
- Creating creative solutions to the issues raised
- Understand and apply appropriate principles and practices for continuous design and development.
- Application of design and development principles in the analysis, construction, evaluation and design of systems, components and paths
- The use of information technology and the means of material and software to find solutions to the issues and carry out experiments and analysis and reading data
- Access to high analytical and self-learning skills
- Working with teams of different disciplines and cultures.
- Dealing with professionalism and moral responsibility
- Dealing responsibly with the social effects of software engineering
- Recognizing the need for lifelong learning.
- Recognizing the importance of modern and emerging technologies
- Lead a team to reach the desired results
- The ability to design a computerized solution to issues of the pension world.
A graduate of the software engineering department can work in a number of institutions and organizations related to information technology, consulting, banking, entertainment, health, media, education, and in the design and development of many software. The Academic Software Engineering Program helps prepare graduates for positions including:
Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Designer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, IT Project Manager, IT Analyst, Software Requirements Analyst, Security Information Specialist, Software Quality Assurance Specialist, Programmer, Responsible for a system of computer systems or networks, database manager, software project manager, network and communications specialist, or research and development.
Graduates should try to gain some practical experience in this area, and experience can be obtained through work, internship, or work for a year in this field.