AHU experience to employ strategic planning in developing its own (Quality
Management System) is considered a pioneer experience among Jordanian
Universities, because relevant studies have shown that the development of
quality management system would require sound thinking, effective planning and
deep judgment of decision-making at different levels. The process needs also
developing short and long ranges objectives with action plans which show how to
achieve them through active participation from AHU faculty members and staff.
Planning and Quality Management Dept. was established per University
Council decision in their session number (5/2004) on Wednesday, the 24/11/2004.
The decision stated the establishing of a new department at the University named
(Planning and Quality Management Dept.) has three sections; they are Quality
Mgmt. Section, Information Section and Planning & Statistics Section.
The Planning and Quality Management Department (P&QAD)
mission is a part of Al-Hussein Bin Talal University main mission on quality
assurance which aims at achieving the highest level of quality in education and
administrative fields. The Department is directly linked to the University
President in order to carry out his visions on quality issues which aim to
developing and integrating the latest quality standards and criteria on all the
university colleges / units operations and activities.
- Achieving sustainable excellence
and quality in education and learning processes through elevating the quality of
- Suggesting reconciliation policies between HE outputs and the labor market
demands in order to elevate and equipped the graduates with all required capabilities
- Conducting periodic Self- Assessment process to measure the extent of the
success achieved and to improve performance in accordance with the agreed upon QA
- Coordinating the efforts to develop policies and standards for the scientific
research projects to promote and enhance research outputs throughout the university
colleges and units.
- Coordinating the efforts to develop policies and standards for the community
services to improve people’s life qualities and to maintain sustainable development.
- Establishing Databank that stores data about all the university colleges,
units and students.
- Developing a (Strategic QA Plan) which adopt national and international
quality standards and criteria and chart a long term course of action for the integration
of quality assurance into all education and learning processes.
- Preparing (Self-Assessment) standards and procedures to assist colleges
and units in conducting this vital process.
- Conducting awareness campaign at the university to develop quality culture
and blends it with the education and administrative processes to develop and enhance
the right performance and good practice.
- Establishing networks to exchange expertise with national and international
organizations that are concerned with applying quality assurance standards
Quality Assurance at AHU ( download the file)
-Planning & Statistics
962-3-2179000 Ext. 8278