Language Center runs three Programs:
- Language Requirements Program:
this program is concerned with teaching the
obligatory and elective language courses for all university students. These include:
- Arabic Remedial Course 099
- Arabic Language 101
- Communication Skills in Arabic
- English Remedial Course 099
- English Language 101
- Communication Skills in English
- French Language 101
- Spanish Language 101
- Intensive Arabic Program: This program is designed for non-native
speakers who intend to improve their Arabic knowledge or to pursue their
undergraduate or graduate studies in Arabic or in any other discipline, where Arabic is the medium
of instruction. The program focuses on all language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
In addition to the courses in Modern Standard Arabic, all students will take a course in Jordanian dialects.
The program consists of six levels. Students who achieve a final passing grade in this program will have met
the language requirements for entry to degree programmes at all
local or national academic institutions and for all levels (B.A., M.A. or Ph.D.).
- Intensive English Program:
this program runs 2 major branches jointly with the Center of Counseling, Services and Community Development.
- English for Specific Purposes: The program will be devoted to several areas that are of great significance and necessity for different sectors countrywide. Chief
among these areas are English for Tourism Purposes and English for Medical Purposes.
- Intensive English Courses: this program, which is offered coordinates and runs special language sessions for TOEFL, IELTS and GRE.
Furthermore, the branch offers six-level intensive English courses for graduate students, employees of the private and public sectors,
and people of the local communities.